Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"Challa Ki Labhda Phire..." Challa Promo!

Song: Challa
Film: Jab Tak Hai Jaan
Composer: A.R. Rahman
Playback Singer: Rabbi Shergill

SRK's new film Jab Tak Hai Jaan has released it's first song promo! Check it out!

So I'm sure everyone in the world has seen this promo by now. Meh, I'm not a huge fan of it. I've watched it several times now, but it hasn't really grown on me. The best part is when sunshine plastic Katrina comes in at the end and brightens up the greyness of London. Anyway...

For one, I don't enjoy this song as much as I think I should have, given that it's A.R. Rahman composing for Shahrukh Khan (!!!). The song actually is better without the video (usually songs are better with the video) because you don't have weird, wrinkly Shahrukh thinking he's 20 years old. Also, Rabbi Shergill's voice doesn't really match Shahrukh's voice, and I think the Bollywood world has already come to that general consensus. I mean, overall, the song is okay, but I was expecting much much more from the first released promo of a film as big as Jab Tak Hai Jaan. It's one of this year's Diwali releases, it's Yash Chopra's last directed film, it has Shahrukh Khan AND Katrina Kaif AND Anushka Sharma, it has music by A.R. Rahman, lyrics by Gulzar, and cinematography by Anil Mehta (the cinematography looks good though). Therefore, I was really expecting much MUCH MORE! But that's the end of my spiel on that. 

The song still seems to be climbing the charts, and I'm glad the film has a name and all that, so it will still probably be the clear winner in the Diwali showdown against Ajay Devgn's Son of Sardaar. I hope the future promos are better, and I hope they have a lot of Anushka in them (she's the best thing this film has in my opinion-she's not old and wrinkly, and she isn't made of plastic). Anyway, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment