Friday, April 6, 2012

"Yeh Mausam Ka Jaadu Hai Mitwa..." Summer Film Trailers!

Song: Mausam Ka Jaadu
Film: Hum Aapke Hai Koun...!
Music Director: Raamlaxman
Playback Singers: Lata Mangeshkar, S.P. Balasubrahmanyam 


Many theatrical trailers of films releasing in May/June have released this week, so I figured I would talk about my opinions of them all in one post!

Rowdy Rathore
Ok, I'll admit, I'm not a big Akshay Kumar fan. However, since Akshay Kumar was once known as the king of action films, I'm hoping that this film is better than his comedy ones. As for the trailer, I'm not a big fan, though that last "DON'T ANGRY ME" part was pretty intense! I don't like when theatrical trailers don't give any indication of the story whatsoever; I understand that they want to keep the suspense in a trailer, but the only things that I'm able to tell about the movie is that there will be a lot of violence, and that Sonakshi will be swinging her hips in a cute red sari. By the way, Sonakshi looks quite pretty, and I'm hoping she's more than just a pretty girl in the movie (though not very likely). 

Dangerous Ishhq

Guess who's back?! Karisma Kapoor, that's who! And she looks great too. I like the idea of this movie, I think it will be pretty interesting, as long as they are able to execute the seemingly complex story well. The actor, Rajneesh Duggal, was earlier in Vikram Bhatt's film 1920, but I haven't seen that film so I don't really know how he is as an actor. Since he's been paired with Karisma in her comeback film, I hope he does well! The music sounds good too (by Himesh Reshammiya); I had forgotten how good Himesh's music was! Hopefully this proves to be a great comeback!

Teri Meri Kahaani
Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra back together again! I generally love both of them (especially Shahid!!!) so I hope this movie does well. The trailer looks okay, and considering the director Kunal Kohli has done some really awesome films (Fanaa, Hum Tum) and some not awesome films (Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic), this movie could go either way. Shahid and PC both look great, and I hope they as well as Kunal Kohli can pull off a story that focuses around three times periods. The background music is nice too, and I think the three time periods will allow for a good music album with a variety of songs *fingers crossed*. Looking forward to this mainly for Shahid and Priyanka!

Shanghai
Abhay Deol and Emraan Hashmi in a movie together!!! Abhay and Emraan are two or my favorite actors, and its not very often that top actors share screen space with other actors. I'm loving their looks in the trailer too, especially Abhay's, and I honestly don't know whose performance I'm more looking forward to! Kalki's role seems pretty important as well, and I'm glad she gets cool roles like this, instead of the typical glamorous roles actresses these days have been doing. Why are most of her memorable roles with Abhay Deol? Anyway, I don't really mind. The story of the movie looks pretty interesting too. Yay for unconventional movies! I hope this movie is a success critically and commercially!

Anyway, provide your views on which movies you are looking forward to the most this summer!

2 comments:

  1. is it just me, or did rowdy rathore and teri meri kahaani provide no conflict whatsoever?

    projections (out of 5):
    shanghai - 3.5
    dangerous ishq - 3
    ter meri kahaani - 2
    rowdy rathore - 1.5

    sidenote: have you seen love, sex, aur dhoka?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't seen love sex aur dhoka, but I remember it getting good reviews.
      Yup, I agree with your projections!

      Delete