Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Go Go Go Govinda!!!" Go Govinda Promo!

Song: Go Govinda
Film: Oh My God
Composer: Himesh Reshammiya
Playback Singers: Shreya Ghoshal, Aman Trikha

Paresh Rawal's latest comedy film Oh My God has an "item" song titled Go Govinda featuring Prabhudeva and Sonakshi Sinha! Check it out!

The film itself is being produced by Akshay Kumar, and directed by Umesh Shukla. The film itself is said to be based off of plays Rawal has done in the past, including Krishan vs. Kanhaiyaa and a Gujarati play titled Kanji Virudh Kanji. Now onto the song!

I'm not exactly sure what purpose this song has in the film, (besides the breaking the pot thing), but it's actually pretty cool! Sonakshi is looking fantastic, and I think she's got everything down, including her expressions and her dancing! I don't think there are many (popular) actresses that would be willing to do such a playful and goofy song (Asin did it in Dhinka Chika) so it's definitely a nice change and surprise! Prabhudeva of course is doing well as well, and him and Sonakshi actually make a nice pair! Oh, and I like Sonakshi's outfit as well, very cool and fitting for the song and dance steps that she does. The song itself it pretty catchy too, and though I typically don't like these types of songs (I always think they're too repetitive), I like this one (I haven't figured out why I like it yet though). Hopefully this song and the video will gain steam over the next couple of weeks!

3 comments:

  1. very timely since Janmashtami is next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to double check there... a song called Go Govinda? Surely not a tribute to the Govinda?!? The song is actually quite catchy and shows PD still has got the moves. Speaking of Govinda tribute, check out mine (of sorts) in my review of Naughty @ 40! See you there Chanz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Bolly Hood, when I first heard the name, I thought it had to do with Govinda as well! Thanks, I will definitely check out your Naughty @ 40 review!

      Delete