Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh, Kahan Shuru Kahan Khatam ..."

Song: Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh
Film: Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai
Playback Singer: Lata Mangeshkar
Composer: Shankar Jaikishan


Hello Bollyphiles!


After a hiatus of over a month, I have come with a new post! Since the Bollywood world is a little quiet these days, I figured I would share some information that I just recently learned, and that I found to be very interesting. So, I am currently reading the book Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (I haven't finished the book yet, but I would recommend reading it from what I have read so far), and reading this book led me to look up some information about it. This led me to another great American novel The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (these two books are often associated), which led me to this link of the newest film adaptation of The Great Gatsby, releasing in 2012:


The Great Gatsby (2012) (see the cast list)

Yes, that's right! Bollywood's very own Amitabh Bachchan will be starring in a Hollywood movie, and that too, with the Leonardo DiCaprio!!! Hopefully his role will be longer than Anil Kapoor's in Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol.


The progression in which I found this news kept me thinking about how my curiosity started at a classic American novel, and ended at a seventy-year old Bollywood superstar. Perhaps the lyrics to the famous 60's song are true: kahan shuru, kahan khatam. We may not know where our countless 'dastans' or stories will take us; however, after this dastan of mine, I have a new conception: Everything in life leads back to Bollywood.


On that note, I'm going to go listen to the new Agent Vinod songs! Please comment and leave suggestions and/or opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment