Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Tu Humsafar Hai, Phir Kya Fikar Hai ..." Raabta

Song: Raabta
Film: Agent Vinod
Playback Singers: Arijit Singh
Composer: Pritam

Does anyone else love this song a whole lot??? The title of this post correctly describes my feelings toward this song- it's such a breath of fresh air with a light-hearted attitude, and no fikar or worry. And there are four different versions of the song (all amazing!): Siyaah Raatein, Night in a Motel, Kehte Hain Khuda Ne, and Raabta, all sang by Arijit Singh with alternating female singers Hamsika and Shreya Ghoshal (listen to the songs here on the Bollywood Hungama Jukebox). My personal favorite is Raabta, though the other three are equally likeable. And the lyrics are cute and a little cheesy (thanks Amitabh Bhattacharya!), but Bollywood would never be Bollywood without the cheesy-ness. 

The only thing I don't love in regards to this song is the video. I mean, why do they have to put the lyrics as if it's a karaoke video when we can already hear the lyrics? And why aren't they consistent and put the lyrics throughout the entire thing instead of just the first 30 seconds? I know it's just a promotional video and it won't be in the movie with karaoke-type lyrics, but it's still weird. Kareena, however, is looking more gorgeous in every film she does, while Saif hasn't looked good since Hum Tum (in my opinion).

Anyway, I'm glad Pritam is back with Raabta as one of his trademark love songs (his last songs I liked this much were Pee Loon and Tum Jo Aaye from Once Upon A Time in Mumbai). As far as the rest of the Agent Vinod songs, I like I'll Do the Talking Tonight and Dil Mera Muft Ka, while the Pungi and the Agent Vinod Theme are forgettable.

Please do let me know what you think by commenting or offering suggestions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment