Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Kehte Hai Mujhko Hawa Hawaii..." English Vinglish First Look!

Song: Hawa Hawaii
Film: Mr. India
Composer: Laxmikant-Pyarelal
Playback Singer: Kavita Krishnamurthy
I thought my favorite Sridevi song would be appropriate to start this post about the first look of her first film after 14 years (!!!) titled English Vinglish
Wow, does this look interesting or what? I don't think I've seen many first looks like this in Bollywood, one that doesn't quite show clips from the actual film. Awesome! And the film seems interesting as well; it's probably has to do with Sridevi's character learning English. The film is produced by R. Balki, who directed Cheeni Kum and Paa, and is directed by Balki's wife Gauri Shinde in her debut directorial film. Since R. Balki has a track record of making some decent and unique films, I think that this film may also do well critically, and hopefully commercially as well. I hope this doesn't turn into the last actress-comeback film Dangerous Ishhq *shivers*. 
By the way, Sridevi looks beautiful and quite young for being 48 years old! And guess who's doing the music... Amit Trivedi!!! Some of Amit Trivedi's best music comes from unconventional or not very commercial films, so I can't wait to hear the music! However, it will probably be a long wait because this film is releasing on October 4th (as of now). Anyway can't wait to see some more trailers of this film!

Oh, and here's a cute little poster voster for the film!




3 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't realize Amit Trivedi is doing the music. That's definitely a plus! I saw the trailer for this during intermission when I saw Teri Meri Kahaani (what do you think of my review btw?) and thought it seemed interesting. Can't wait to see Sridevi again!!!

    PS Hawa Hawaii is an amazing song :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THROWBACK!

    you say that hawahawaii is your favorite sridevi song, but are you sure that's not the only sridevi song you know?!

    brilliant ad, but will not likely be a commercial success. it's only for snobs like us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, nah, I know more Sridevi songs than that...but still not that many.

    ReplyDelete