Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Kehdo Ke Tum Mujhse Dosti Karoge" Daaru Desi Promo

Song: Mujhse Dosti Karoge
Film: Mujhse Dosti Karoge
Composer: Rahul Sharma
Playback Singers: Asha Bhosle, Udit Narayan, & Alka Yagnik
Here's another Cocktail promo Daaru Desi  (I know, I know, that's two Cocktail posts in a row).

Wow, another friendship song?!?! Instead of seeming like Love Aaj Kal 2, this movie should be renamed Mujhse Dosti Karoge 2! I mean, it's the same thing, one guy and two girls, with one of the girls being more modern and the other being more innocent. The only difference is, Hrithik, Kareena, and Rani were all around the same age, while Saif is probably old enough to be the Diana and Deepika's father. Anyways...

I like this song too! So far, so good Pritam! The lyrics are pretty catchy "chadhi mujhe yaari teri aisi, jaise daaru desi" and I like how they talk about daaru desi (Indian liquor) while they are actually in London (I believe that's where the movie is being set). Oh, and daaru kind of describes Veronica (Deepika's character) in the movie, while desi describes Meera (Diana's character). I wonder if the lyricist thought this much into the lyrics. hummm

Benny Dayal sounds awesome, I've always liked his voice. And is that Shalmali Kholgade that I hear?!?! She sang Pareshaan from Ishaqzaade and I was totally in love with her voice in that song (I still am). She sounds a little different in this song, but she still sounds good. I'm glad that she has gotten another song so soon.

As far as the video, I don't really have much to say about it. Saifu still looks too old, Deepika still looks alright and Diana still looks cute and pretty. I wouldn't like these promos as much if Diana wasn't in them, and I actually kind of want to see this movie because of her. 

Let me know what ya think!

4 comments:

  1. oh I didn't realize it was the girl who sang Pareshaan. I actually had that song on loop (again) earlier today. I love her voice so much!! I don't love this song though. I think it may grow on my over the next few days, so I'll keep you posted. I definitely still like Tumhi Ho Bandhu more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I like Tumhi Ho Bandhu more as well. But preferences might change once we actually hear the songs from the music album!

      Delete
    2. True. Do you know when the music launch is?

      Delete
    3. The music is out! I found the songs here http://www.songspk.pk/indian/cocktail_2012_mp3_songs.html

      Delete