Thursday, May 31, 2012

"Main Hoon Hi Nahi Iss Duniya Ki..." Tumhi Ho Bandhu Promo

Song: Tumhi Ho Bandhu
Film: Cocktail
Composer: Pritam
Playback Singers: Kavita Seth & Neeraj Shridhar
If you've already seen the Tumhi Ho Bandhu song promo from Cocktail, then you already know how awesome it is, and if you haven't, well that's what I'm here for! I had already predicted good music in my previous post about the Cocktail Trailer, and of course, Pritam doesn't disappoint in this song! 

This song is amazing, and I have been watching this promo constantly ever since it  first released. Diana Penty is looking gorgeous, and I don't even know why they bothered to show Saif and Deepika in this promo. I would have been perfectly fine watching Diana dance and spin around for two minutes straight. Saif kind of looks like an idiot doing the 'Tumhi Din Chadhe' dance step, but his smile at 1:31 is cute, reminiscent of the old days. Another tiny part that I really liked, though I'm not sure why, is at :27 when they show Diana and Deepika letting go of each other's hands. It matched the attitude of the song-"mujhe kya parvaah iss duniya ki", and I liked how both of their wrists were covered in bracelets (good styling). I have a feeling Diana might outshine Deepika in this movie, even with Deepika in a red bikini. Maybe that's why they put her in a bikini, so she would get more attention in comparison to Diana. hummm


And gosh, the song itself is gorgeous. Kavita Seth's voice is amazing, and she should definitely sing more songs in Bollywood. Her voice makes me feel as if I'm not part of this world-"main hoon hi nahi iss duniya ki". Neeraj Shridhar's voice is nice too, and obviously a little overused in Pritam's albums, but who cares if the song is good?! The lyrics by Irshad Kamil are excellent as well. Along with the "main hoon hi nahi iss duniya ki" line, one of my favorite lines in the song is "jab yaar kare parvaah meri, mujhe kya parvaah iss duniya ki". Awesome, I can't wait until the full song and full album come out!!!





2 comments:

  1. This is one of the few blog posts that I 100% agree with. Love the song, and can't wait to see the whole thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude the top 10 for the week is up: http://pardesibeat.blogspot.com/2012/06/this-weeks-top-10-beats.html
    oddly enough, this song is number 1 haha :)

    ReplyDelete