Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"Ehsaan Itna Sa Kar De..." Cocktail Trailer

Song: Ehsaan
Film: Dil Kabaddi
Composer: Sachin Gupta 
Playback Singers: Sachin Gupta & Jaspreet Singh


The trailer for Love Aaj Kal 2 Cocktail, starring Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, and newcomer Diana Penty has arrived! Check it out!
This film, directed by Homi Ajadania (director of Being Cyrus) and produced by Saif's production banner Illuminati Films, is set to release on July 13. Saif, ehsaan itna sa kar de (atleast do this little favor), and stop producing movies! I mean, Love Aaj Kal wasn't terrible, but it's not a film that I would watch again. And we all know how well Agent Vinod went (not well at all). So considering that this film seems to be a worse version of Love Aaj Kal, I would suggest that Saif stop producing films.

Onto the trailer content! I've been having this rant about Saif for years, that he doesn't look as good as he used to in the 2001-2005 days, and that he shouldn't grow facial hair and all that. This film is no different. I know it's a little unfair to only like an actor like Saif in his boy-next-door Dil Chahta Hai/Kal Ho Naa Ho roles, but unfortunately, that's when he looked best! And anyway, what's up with his hair in this film? It seems like it's a little too short, so it's sticking out from the sides at some points...

And Deepika looks a little washed out. She doesn't necessarily look bad (I always think she looks pretty), but her styling as a "party girl" or whatever is a little over the top. Maybe if her hair wasn't so frizzy and messy. She looked AMAZING in Love Aaj Kal, which is why her look in here is a little surprising. But then again, if it's in her character to dress like that, that's all that matters. And it provides a good contrast to Diane Penty's character's dressing style (kind of like John and Abhishek's dressing styles in Dostana). Need I say anything about the bikini?

Diane Penty as Meera in the film looks good and fresh (wasn't Deepika's name in Love Aaj Kal Meera as well?). Hopefully her character is involved enough for her to get a nice debut. I can't really tell on her acting skills yet, but I hope her presence brings the movie up!

The music, by Pritam, actually sounds good. I really liked Deepika's entrance song (Angreji Beat), which I later found out is a Punjabi song by Gippy Grewal feat. Honey Singh that will be used in the film. The other music sounds good as well, and good music is consistent in Illuminati Films, thanks to Pritam! If he and Saif just made music for movies and released the albums without releasing the films, I would be happy. 

I wish the film the best, and I can't wait for the music release. Let me know what ya think!

3 comments:

  1. it sounds a lot like a terrible mix of new york meets love aaj kal or like you said dostana meets love aaj kal. the first mix gives this film too much credit (b/c new york was decent).

    from your last 2 posts now, it seems the two of the 'it' girls of bollywood maybe on their way down or are really in a rut (although, arguably deepika never came out). you're right, they look very unkempt.

    ...and yes, you CAN say more about the bikini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with all of this except that I never liked Deepika. I think her beauty is very overrated. This movie did look like Love Aaj Kal 2 to me too, with a mix of Dostana and Three's Company. I'm hoping the soundtrack will be good or that it will at least have some good songs, like Love Aaj Kal did. Oh also, Chanz, you should follow me on Twitter too!! @PardesiBeat

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I don't have a twitter! I might consider getting one, so if I do, I will definitely follow you then!

      Delete