Saturday, May 5, 2012

"Hum Hain Naye, Andaaz Kyun Ho Purana..." Mukhtasar

Song: Koi Kahe Kehta Rahe
Film: Dil Chahta Hai
Composer: Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy
Playback Singers: Shankar Mahadevan, Shaan, K.K.

If you haven't seen the lovely first song promo from Shahid Kapoor's and Priyanka Chopra's latest flick Teri Meri Kahaani, here it is:

Does anyone else think there is something quite off about this song promo? (I could barely make it through the whole thing!) I mean, I love Shahid and PC, and I don't even mind them paired against each other, but they just look so old, like how they looked in 2007 old. Why does Shahid have the same haircut he did in Vivah/Jab We Met? At first I thought that this movie might have filmed years earlier and only be released now (kind of like Milenge Milenge), but according to Wikipedia, filming started in May 2011. Priyanka, who normally looks great, looks a little worn out as well. Perhaps she really is on the downward slope as a Bollywood actress. And the choreography is old and overused as well; the 'stretching out arms and singing to sky' steps were more prevalent in the 2008-2009 films. This is a new 2012 film!!! Why does it seem so old? The actual song doesn't sound too bad, but I don't think it goes with the picturization. Also, I'm not sure if that's the original song or the remix, because it sounds remix-y. 
Anyway, let me know what you think of this Mukhtasar promo! 





4 comments:

  1. i think you hit the nail on the head. in fact, i'm not sure what the point in filming such a movie was. this trailer looks a lot like other movies both have done:
    priyanka - anajana, anjani
    shahid - kismat konnection
    that's in addition to what you've already said. they've already made money, what's the point in making more on a crappy film?

    they should just stick to career DEFINING films:
    priyanka - fashion, 7 khoon maaf
    shahid - kaminey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they should stick to career defining films. But I think the problem is that
      1. such films are rare in Bollywood
      2. if there are such films, they are being offered to newer actors/actresses
      Maybe Shahid and Priyanka are truly fizzling out...

      Delete
    2. I think the movie could be interesting. It depends a lot on the execution and how they make the point. Anjaana Anjaani sucked and Kismat Konnection wasn't too much better, so let's hope this is better than those were. Granted Fashion and Kaminey were good, those aren't the only good movies. I do agree though that the picturization doesn't match the song. I also wish he didn't just stand there with his hands out SRK style for the entire thing. I like his look, and I like the song. The picturization and maybe setting of the song is a bit iffy.

      Delete
    3. You're right, I think it will be best to judge once we see how the song fits in with the movie.

      Delete