Friday, May 11, 2012

"Tu Hi Toh Mera Dost Hai..." Ek Tha Tiger First Look!

Song: Tu Meri Dost Hai
Film: Yuvvraaj
Composer: A.R. Rahman
Playback Singers: Benny Dayal, Shreya Ghoshal

This post title song has no relation to the actual post, besides the fact that it's my favorite Salman-Katrina song! Now onto the actual post content...
Salman Khan's latest film Ek Tha Tiger's teaser trailer was revealed Thursday... and it already has almost a million views on Youtube! (impressive for a Bollywood film within two days!) Here it is:


First things first- Salman Khan rules the Eid holiday with his films. Ek Tha Tiger will be his fourth film in a row that will be releasing on Eid, after Wanted (2009), Dabangg (2010), and Bodyguard (2011), and considering that he has continuously broken records commercially with these films, Ek Tha Tiger is expected to be, and probably will be HUGE.

As for the actual trailer, I honestly didn't think it was too bad (especially considering Aamir Khan is my favorite 'Khan'). The first minute or so, although it didn't have Salman physically in it, was good because it actually gave an indication of what the film just might be about. For some odd reason, Bollywood film trailers have a really hard time showing what the film is going to be about. Maybe because most some Bollywood films don't have a real 'story' to show in a trailer. hummm

Anyway, the concept seems alright, and there will obviously be some action in the film, and Salman has had consistently "alright" action films, so this film could be critically successful as well. The director, Kabir Khan, has previously directed Kabul Express and New York, and though I haven't seen Kabul Express, I did think that New York was pretty good, entertainment wise. 

And apparently, this is Salman's first Yash Raj film! Salman, how does it feel to join the many others who are under the wings of the almighty, powerful (and quite mysterious) Aditya Chopra? And where was Katrina Kaif in the trailer, isn't she the heroine in the film? I haven't seen Bollywood's 'Chikni Chameli' in a film since, well, Chikni Chameli! (Agneepath). I am actually excited to see Salman and Kat in another film together, they've come a long way since Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya!
Oh, and I'm liking Salman's new look with the scarf.

Please share your opinions on this Ek Tha Tiger teaser trailer!

5 comments:

  1. i agree with what you said, but there are some inconsistencies with that 'new look'. those scarfs are arab and neither india or pakistan are arab countries. they're just mad fashionable now.

    otherwise, the trailer was short and sweet and didn't look stupid like some of the others, but it did leave a lot of room to be better, but more than likely worse.

    2.5/5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yup, you're right about the scarf. But apparently the movie has been filmed in Turkey and Iraq (???), so if the some of the movie actually takes place in those countries, than it might make sense.

      Delete
  2. Hey so I ventured onto your blog - I must say I love your writing style! Ek Tha Tiger just doesn't excite me in the least, most probably because Salman's other Eid film releases left much to be desired in terms of storylines. There is a real dearth when it comes to Bollywood films with good storylines, but I hope to change that... (I might be meeting Aamir Khan in October as regards to my debut Bollywood film!)

    I'm going to add you to my blogroll, you should create one too! And do check out my other features, like my 'Agar Na Hota...' series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of Salman's Eid films, but I did like Dabangg.
    Wow, you might meet Aamir Khan?!?! Good luck, are you aspiring to be an actor?
    Yes, I was actually planning on getting a blog roll, thanks for putting me on yours!

    ReplyDelete