Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Phir Bhi Kyun Lag Rahi Hai Kami..." Barfi! Trailer!

Song: Anjaana Anjaani
Film: Anjaana Anjaani
Composer: Vishal-Shekhar
Playback Singers: Vishal Dadlani & Shilpa Rao
The trailer for Ranbir Kapoor's latest film Barfi! has released! Here it is...
Yay, director Anurag Basu is back after his last film Kites (which I really liked). I love Basu's films, at least the ones I have seen, and this film trailer admittedly takes a sharp turn from this typical dark and serious drama, so I'm not sure if I will like this film or not. The trailer is pretty good because it doesn't take the usual route Bollywood film trailers take, and it has a more artsy feel. The music sounds good as well, very atypical and surprising considering Pritam is doing the music! But I trust the Pritam-Basu duo, Pritam's music in Anurag Basu's films has always been excellent (such as in Gangster and Life...In a Metro). On to the actors!

Ranbir Kapoor is back after Rockstar (which I really disliked, even though I wanted to like it) and I like him in this trailer! Out of the young lot of actors, I believe Ranbir has branched out the most in the type of roles he plays (ex. Rocket Singh, Raajneeti, Rockstar) and so I have faith that he can pull off the deaf and mute character in this film. Although I liked Ranbir's acting in Rockstar, he really needs a good script to back up his good acting, and I hope this film does it for him! 

Tollywood's actress Ileana D'Cruz makes her Bollywood debut in this film, and wow, she's gorgeous! I've never seen any of her films before, so her face was completely new and refreshing in this trailer. Hopefully she's a good actress as well (Ranbir's last co-star Nargis didn't do him much justice). I can't wait to see more of her in the film promos!

And finally, Priyanka Chopra plays an autistic girl in the film. Honestly, I totally did not recognize her the first time I saw the trailer, and didn't realize it was her until I saw her name on the video information. PC is there, but phir bhi kyun lag rahi hai kami (yet it feels like something is missing). I don't know why the trailer has such fleeting shots of her; I don't think there is a single second in the trailer that shows her face completely up close. Perhaps the producers are trying to keep her role under wraps for now, but hopefully we'll be able to see her clearly in the film! PC desperately needs a good film as well (and commercially too) after all the gossip that has been surrounding her lately. I still love ya Priyanka! (even if no one else does)

Comment about your opinions on the Barfi! trailer!


2 comments:

  1. I'm calling a film-of-the-year nominee and a back-to-back actor of the year winner for Ranbhir. This is a must-watch for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the film of the year nominee will probably only happen if the film is commercially successful. Typically critically successful films that are flops don't make it to the best film nominations. Ranbir may get the best actor award, but we can't forget Aamir Khan for Talaash... and Shahrukh and Salman will probably be in the nominations too just because of their sheer star power.

      Delete