Friday, July 13, 2012

"Chehra Hai Mashallah..." Mashallah Promo! (Ek Tha Tiger)

Song: Mashallah
Film: Ek Tha Tiger
Composer: Sajid-Wajid
Playback Singers: Wajid, Shreya Ghoshal


First song promo of Ek Tha Tiger titled Mashallah has been released! Check it out!
Woah, did anyone else just get blown away by Katrina Kaif right now? Her attractiveness in this song is actually borderline scary because her face is practically immobile throughout (is it true she got plastic surgery???). Which is funny and ironic because the song has the lyrics "chehra hai mashallah" (your face is beautiful). Looks like in this song, the words 'beautiful' and 'plastic' are synonyms. Anyway, her outfits are pretty cool too, and her dancing isn't too shabby, though she's done better (Sheila Ki Jawani, Chikni Chameli). Apparently she plays a ballet teacher in this film, so I want to see her do some ballet in a dance/song sequence as well. 

Sallu Bhai's act is a little toned down compared to his usual song/dance routines, but I guess that's fine considering the song is focused on the beauty of the female character (in this case Katrina). Otherwise, he's typical Salman. Oh, and as I mentioned earlier in my previous Ek Tha Tiger post, I like his look with the scarves.

The song itself is actually a little disappointing. It's not necessarily bad, but I was expecting the first song promo of this film to be smashing visually and musically. I do like the Middle-Eastern sounds in the song, as well as the Arabic (at least I think it's Arabic) interspersed in between, but the actual chorus isn't too impressive, and I don't know if Wajid's voice is the best fit for this song. Perhaps it will grow on me (or perhaps it won't!) Anyway, let me know you think!

1 comment:

  1. You're not kidding about an immobile face. Maybe she hasn't adjusted to the plastic yet. Now that I've seen this video and heard the song a couple times, I really like it. Katrina can move. There is no faulting that.

    ReplyDelete